It’s been a busy couple of week’s off of blogging every day, and a lot has happened, and not much at all. Here’s the highlights:
• After attempting to work a little less hard this week, I feel a little less exhausted, but not fully recovered. I believe the only long-term remedy for my burn out will be a substantial vacation. Working on that, but it’s not easy to find time before my winter touring kicks off in November to get away. I’ll keep you posted.
• I got to visit my first Tennessee state park with Sarah, Rock Island State Park, and Sarah and I spent a wonderful afternoon hiking through the wilderness across waterfalls, streams, and some of the most beautiful country I’ve ever seen. I see why Daniel Boone loved this area so much.
•I’m currently writing this from the cathedral ceiling of Union Station, St. Louis as I do a music video shoot with the talented former NewSong leadman Steve Reischl, for a christmas album that I played on that will be released this December. It’s great to be back in front of the camera again.
•I’ve got a lot of stuff lining up for the next couple of weeks, but because I didn’t bust my tail this week, I don’t have a lot of stuff lined up in Nashville for this past week. Hopefully, that will change soon.
What I’ve learned:
• Work is important, but burn out kills.
• I love my wife. I love it even more when we get time together to hike.
• There’s nothing like the woods to relax and rejuvenate.